|The provincial government announced today that the Niagara Region is moving to the Red-Control level of the province’s COVID-19 response framework. The decision was made on the advice of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Williams, and Niagara’s Medical Office of Health, Dr. Hirji.
The Red-Control level includes the following changes:
· Restaurants can open with a limit of 10 patrons
· Gyms and recreational sports can operate with 10 people indoors and 25 outdoors
· Retail locations can operate with 50% capacity
· Places of worship can open at 30% capacity
· Social gatherings are limited to 5 indoors and 25 outdoors
· Event and meeting spaces can open with 10 indoors and 25 outdoors
· Personal care services can return (except those that require removal of a face covering)
Section 22 orders affecting retail and restaurants are still in effect.
A reminder that trips outside the home are still recommended for essential purposes only, and social gatherings should still be avoided.